One of the most challenging things about having a smile you are not comfortable with is that it can affect your confidence. A broad range of oral health issues can affect both the way you look and feel about your teeth. If you are self-conscious about your smile because of broken, cracked, chipped, or otherwise damaged teeth, dental veneers might be the right choice for you. Dental veneers are designed to both cover and strengthen your teeth. If you are ready to rejuvenate your smile, it’s an excellent idea to learn more about the benefits of dental veneers.
If you or someone you care about is suffering from poor oral health or could benefit from the wide variety of cosmetic dental services on offer at the Dental Center of Norcross, reach out to us online today or call out helpful staff at 678.504.6422.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells made of either porcelain or resin that are designed to cover your teeth, which both protects them and makes them more aesthetically pleasing. Among the many general benefits of veneers are that they can be used to correct chipped, stained or discolored, decayed, and even crooked teeth. This latter option might involve using veneers to correct small gaps between the teeth, or you and your dentist may decide to use a whole row of veneers to create a bright, newly straightened smile.
Another general benefit of veneers is that they are always customized to fit the patient’s teeth. Dental technicians typically make veneers in a laboratory, based on a mold of your teeth, so that they fit perfectly. When we utilize this method, there can be a wait time while your veneers are being made. In this case, your dentist can usually make temporary resin veneers reasonably easily without the help of a lab.
The application process involves removing a small amount of the enamel of the tooth onto which the veneer will be applied. This sounds somewhat invasive, but it is only a very thin layer that is removed, and once the veneer is applied, the tooth will be protected.
The Benefits of Veneers
The number one benefit of dental veneers is the most obvious — they make your smile brighter and straighter. They also have benefits that are not purely aesthetic, like providing additional strength for teeth that are weakened or damaged. At the Dental Center of Norcross, we have also found that dental veneers are among the most popular of our cosmetic dental services because they are a non–surgical, minimally invasive way to improve your smile. Among the many other benefits of veneers are:
- The procedure itself is quick and painless. There is little or no anesthesia required.
- Veneers give you a whiter smile without the need to use bleaches, which must be continually reapplied.
- Veneers are protective and provided a preventative measure against tooth damage. By replacing damaged or weakened enamel, veneers shield your teeth from plaque and other bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Veneers look natural, whether they are made of porcelain or composite resin. You can choose a shade that matches your teeth, or you can opt for something whiter.
- Our patients report that they feel natural as well; veneers will not irritate your gums.
- Veneers are stain-resistant; they stay whiter for longer than natural teeth.
- Veneers typically last for 10-15 years, and so are an excellent long-term solution.
- They are low maintenance. With proper oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing and visits to the dentist, your veneers will last for years.
Finally, veneers can give you the confidence you need to smile proudly. This minor cosmetic difference can affect your self-esteem, your employment opportunities, and your overall well-being.
Learn More About the Benefits of Veneers at the Dental Center of Norcross Today
If you are looking for a solution to cracked, discolored, or damaged teeth, the Dental Center of Norcross can help. Schedule a free consultation with our expert team using our convenient online contact form or call 678.504.6422 today.